Friends of the Homeless of the South Shore is dedicated to helping homeless families by providing shelter, food, clothing, furniture, education and advocacy. We address a whole range of needs, from physical to emotional, from personal to social, and from psychological to spiritual.
Our Goals are to help the homeless:
– Build stronger parents, children and families;
– Secure education and employment opportunities;
– Find safe and affordable permanent housing;
– Every family work toward functional self-sufficiency.
Home With Friends: Ending Homelessness One Family at a Time
Home with Friends brings together the resources and energy of the community to be a change force in the lives of families who need hope, love and stability.
Home with Friends offers the families we work with:
- a proven approach for breaking the cycle of homelessness – one family at a time.
- hands-on assistance to help them gain the knowledge, life skills and confidence they need to become truly self-sufficient, and
- an opportunity to increase their success in making the move from emergency housing into a permanent, long-lasting home.
For statistics on family homelessness or to learn more about our Home With Friends program, watch the video below or select this link.
There are over 100,000 children who are homeless in Massachusetts annually and over 1.6 million children in the United States according to America’s Youngest Outcasts: State Report Card on Child Homelessness, National Center on Family Homelessness.
Relationship building is a key component to our work at Friends of the Homeless of the South Shore. We reach out to sheltered families and help them through partnering agencies that have the resources. See here for more information.
Watch this video:
Produced by High Rock Church, Quincy, MA Benefit Concert for our Home With Friends Program held December, 2014.